DaVinci Quest seeks to solve the Top 10 World Problems through the conduct of innovation contests.
We are faced today with a myriad of problems of great magnitude that have not diminished over time. These problems continue to cause a loss of life and property.
These problems cover a broad range:
- Natural Disasters
- Lack of Food
- Lack of Drinking Water
- Lack of Power (Energy)
- Terrorism (Physical and Cyber)
These problems continue to exist for a variety of reasons:
- Problem is not understood
- Disputes over nature of problem
- No known solution candidates
- No attempt to create a solution
- Lack of resources to develop a solution
- No champion to lead a solution development effort
- Allocation of resources to other problems
- Allocation of resources to activities other than problem solving
Some problems are not caused by what we do, but how we do it. The operation of civilization is not perfect. Systems developed over many, many years for the management of government are in need of updating. In most cases, these systems are in need of innovation – significant change. These changes may be enabled by technological advances, but technology is not enough.
As a society we need to rethink how we do things socially, culturally and economically that will require changes in public policy:
- Health care
We consider all problems as opportunities to be solved through Innovation Contests.